Happy Fuel Tuesday, peeps!
Here in the U.S., we wrapped up our Thanksgiving celebrations this past weekend, complete with turkey, cranberry sauce, stuffing, and mashed potatoes.
OMG it was so good!
But if you’re anything like my family, we always have tons of leftovers. I’m talking, turkey for DAAAAYS!
I found this recipe by Martha Stewart for a turkey, cheddar, green apple sandwich and it has changed my leftover game completely.
- 2 teaspoons grainy mustard
- 2 slices whole-grain bread, toasted
- 2 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 4 thin slices cooked white-meat turkey
- 1 ounce thinly sliced extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 thin slices green apple
- 2 pieces red-leaf lettuce
Spread mustard on 1 slice of bread and mayonnaise on the other slice. Layer the remaining ingredients on mustard, and top with second slice of bread. Cut in half, and serve immediately.