Going as long as you can between meals is not a sport people! It’s a dangerous practice that COULD result in homicide! LOL
In all seriousness, before I learned to truly listen to my body and care for it with love and respect and devoted attention, I thought is was FABULOUS if I could stretch the amount of time between meals. I was so efficient! I was consuming low calories! In reality, I was setting myself up for evening binging and a wacked out metabolism.
I’ve posted about my favorite snacks before. But let’s talk about snacks that will help you with staying pumped and alert all day so that you can rock that empire of yours!
1. Hard boiled eggs— Tried and true. High in protein and always a winner. You can make a half dozen and keep them in the fridge.
2. Almond Butter with a drizzle of honey on toast or with apples– I adore Barney Butter. If you’ve tried Almond Butter in the past and thought it was an oily mess, you need to get some Barney love ASAP. SO GOOD.
3. Green smoothies– Years ago I created a green smoothie ebook that you can download FOR FREE. Check it out. My favorite is featured in there!
4. Homemade granola cups- Check these out! I am going to try these as soon as I get home from Ireland. They look awesome and look at the cute little cup size! http://dailyburn.com/
5. Hot tea with lemon– I cannot imagine a snack without some hot tea, anyway! Treat yourself to a nice china teacup, a special blend of tea, and add a squeeze of lemon and a sprig of mint.
Just remember, you need to stay well fueled to crate your magic. Deprivation with food leads to a watered down version of your life and deprivation in other areas. Feed your joy!